Friday, October 16, 2009

Life Drawing Work from Week 10-12 through 10-16

This was a quick jester drawing.  One the right was my original drawing and on the left I drew how the body is proportionally.  I drew this by drawing in two boxes like shown in the movie that was shown in class. Doing this helped me learn that I was making the pelvis too small and much further down then it was supposed to be.



This was the longest sketch that we did in class.  The sketch lasted for about an hour.  This study helped me understand how gravity plays a role in figure drawing.  I didn't realize how gravity can move muscle structure around.  I drew this sketch by first drawing in the central axis and the bone structures that we learned then I added muscles structures around that, while combining my knowledge with what I saw.  I feel that this was a very interesting way to work. 



This a cross-contour of the model's waist and upper thigh.  On the left is a zoomed in version of this piece.  I liked doing this drawing I felt that it was successful, even if not everything was in proportion.  I feel that I am learning much more about cross-contour and how to be better at it.



No comments:

Post a Comment