Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Mid-Term Summary

Mid-Term Review Summary

In the beginning of this course I stated that, “the main reason why I decided to
take Life Drawing is because I always wanted to learn how to draw people. I have always
felt that this skill wasn't my strongest by any stretch of the imagination. Although, I am
positive that this class will help me improve my drawing skills while expanding my
knowledge of art. I feel that this class may not have the strongest connection to my
intended profession, graphic design, but as an artist I have a yearning to learn how to
draw people and improve upon my ability to see objects in space. I am very excited to
start even though I may not achieve success on my initial attempts.”

Looking back throughout the semester I feel that I have made huge improvements 
in my skill level compared to where I was at the start. I feel that this is largely from the
how the class is taught. Not only do we draw but also form the muscles. This has
allowed me to learn how the body moves, in which helps me draw. In addition, at the
end of every week I set a future goal for myself. Although I don't always achieve my 
weekly goals, it has helped me stay focus and determined to get better. Plus, I can look
back though my blog to see what my goals have been in the past.
Overall, I feel that I have learned so much from this experience. In addition, I
feel more competent and confident as an artist. I look forward to continue to learn more
in this class and push myself to improve my skills even more


Strengths and weakness in my drawings

I feel my biggest strength in my drawings is that my lines are soft so I can go back
in and add darker lines. I also think that I am good at seeing / drawing the bone and
muscle structure of a certain pose. On the other side I feel that my biggest weakness is
my line quality. Although they are soft lines they also have a static feeling to them. I
would really like to improve on my hand speed so I could create a faster line quality. I
would like to break up my lines even more to get more accurate. I also feel that in some
of my drawings I struggle with foreshadowing and proportions.


Things that I would like to learn by the end of the Semester

1. I think the biggest thing that I would like to learn is ability to draw a pose
when the body has a steep angle or has a lot of foreshortening.
2. I would also like to learn how to make dynamic lines that have softer
feeling to them.
3. I would also like to learn how to draw basic face forms.  

No comments:

Post a Comment