Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Weekly post (December 6 - 12)

This week we focused heavily on the face and drawing hands.  It was very interesting to draw a close-up profile of another person.  I have never been able to do this.  I got to draw my roommate, Elizabeth, profile and hands.

What I did well:

This week I feel that I did better drawing the second set of hands.  This may be because I was more warmed up or because the second pose was better (in my opinion).  I feel that the hands are a very interesting form to draw.  They are very difficult because every finger has three joints and they each have a different direction.  

What I could improve on:

I think that there is a couple of things that I could improve on for next week.  For example, I think that I should try to practice more on drawing the hands and developing cross-contours around the hand to show the different planes.  Also I really need to improve how I draw hair.  In one of Amy's Lectures she said to draw hair as a form rather than lines. She added that the individual hairs can be placed around the face where they are more noticed.  I think that I need to practice this throughout my drawings.  And research examples, how other artists depict hair.  I think that doing these thing will really help my drawing skills. 

Future Goal:

My goal for next week is to really look at the face and try to draw the facial features as close as possible.  I think that this would be very interesting to discover what/how a person looks the way that they do. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment