Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Weekly Post (November 15-21)

This week we had a field trip to the Mall of America Bodies exhibit and The Minnesota Art Museum.  The Bodies’ exhibit fascinated me.  I learned a lot about the bone and muscle structures.  We were introduced to the skulls.  I was very excited to start to learn the proportions of the head, since I always felt that was my weakest point as an artist.   

 What I did well at this week:  

I feel that during the field trip I did well drawing with a pencil again.  At first I found it hard to draw with a mechanical pencil again because I have become so accustomed to charcoal and pens. 

 What needs improvement:    

I feel that this week I should draw more of the form rather than adding shadows.  I think that I should instead draw cross‐contour lines to add more form.     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment